Sometimes the users have to face problems regarding an OB315 error while trying to send Bigpond emails. Mostly the problem occurs due to misconfiguration in email or settings. The users have to configure properly in order to resolve issues with an OB315 error. Here are some steps where the users have to follow to troubleshoot the error and resolve the issues:
1) Check internet connection: A stable internet connection is required in order to send or receive emails. The users have to make sure that the internet connection which they are using is stable and working properly.
2) Verify Email settings: The email settings should be properly configured. The users can get information from the Bigpond customer care to know about the configuration of email settings. The email settings include the incoming (IMAP or POP3) and outgoing (SMTP) server settings. Here we mention general setting for Bigpond emails:
· For Incoming Mail Server: mail.bigpond.com
· For Outgoing Mail Server(SMTP): mail.bigpond.com
3) Use SSL/TLS Encryption: The users should enable SSL/TLS encryption for both incoming as well outgoing servers. Enabling SSL/TLS will help to secure users email communication. Use the following port numbers mention below:
· For Incoming Server (IMAP): 993 (SSL) or 143 (non-SSL)
· For Incoming Server (POP3): 995 (SSL) or 110 (non-SSL)
· For Outgoing Server (SMTP): 465 (SSL) or 587 (TLS)
4) Check username and password: Sometimes the wrong email address and password can cause issues so the users have to enter them correctly. The users have to make sure that they are using correct format for uppercase and lowercase letters, as email address and password case are very sensitive.
5) Authentication: The users have to make sure that the email client which they are using is set to use authentication for both incoming and outgoing servers. It is mostly set to “Password” authentication.
6) Antivirus and Firewall Settings: Sometimes, Antivirus or firewall settings may disrupt email communication. The users can check the issues by disabling antivirus or firewall. If the issues are resolved by disabling antivirus or firewall the users have to adjust the settings in order to allow email traffic.
7) Update Email client: The users have to be sure that the email client which they are using is up to date. Outdated software can create issues with the email servers.
By these following steps the users can troubleshoot and resolve the OB315 error while sending Bigpond email. If the above mentioned steps don’t work then I recommend getting connected with Bigpond Care Number for best personalized assistance.