Securing your Bigpond account from cyber-attack can be hectic as well as frustrated. Its very important to secure Bigpond account in order to secure protect user’s personal information and prevent unauthorized access. Here we mention some helpful tips where users will know how to secure Bigpond account from cyber-attack:
- Strong password: In first place it’s required to create a strong password for Bigpond account to encounter threats from cyber-attack. To make password strong the users must use a mix of uppercase as well as lowercase letters, numbers and symbols. Never use guessable passwords such as birthdays or common words.
- Two-Factor Authentication (2FA): The users have to Activate or enable two-factor authentication (2FA) which will add extra layer of security to their Bigpond account. When the users will enable two-factor authentication (2FA), they will receive a unique code on their mobile or email that must be enter in addition to the password.
- Regularly update passwords: The users must change their password time to time, especially if the users suspect any unauthorized access.
- Secure devices: The user computers and mobile devices should have antivirus software to secure their devices. Remember to update the operating system which will help devices to be secure from cyber-attack.
- Beware of phishing attempts: Remember that the Bigpond will never ask for sensitive information through emails or message. Sometimes if you get any emails, message or links and ask for login credentials just ignore it.
- Secure Wi-Fi connection: The users have to be sure that their home Wi-Fi network is secure. To secure your Wi-Fi connection use a strong password and WPA3 encryption. Never use a public Wi-Fi for sensitive activities.
- Log out after use: The users have to log out their Bigpond account after using shared or public computer.
- Review account activity: The users have to review their account activity regularly, if they find any suspicious or unauthorized access.
- Updating security settings regularly: The users have to check on security settings if it provided by service (Telstra). Sometimes the Telstra will provide additional security features where the users have to enable or activate it.
- Use a Secure connection (HTTPS): The users have to make sure that the connection to the bigpond website is protected by looking for https:// in the URL. Avoid logging in on suspicious or unsecured websites.
The users have to be smart and stay informed about cyber security threats. Incase if you suspect any threats immediately contact Bigpond customer care for assistance. Our Bigpond Customer Care will help you and give detailed information about cyber security.