To keep the email inbox neat and clean, it is a good habit to delete the junk emails regularly. You should delete the emails that are unnecessary to your inbox. This will help to keep plenty of free space in your email inbox. Due to the free space, you would not face issues with email sending and receiving. However, there is a risk too. When deleting the junk messages, you may accidentally delete an important message. However, nothing to worry if this happens as you still have a chance to retrieve your deleted messages. For retrieving your deleted messages, you need to follow the steps as mentioned below.
Retrieving Deleted Emails
If you have accidentally deleted a message from your email inbox, you can retrieve it from the Trash folder on your email dashboard. To complete the process more accurately, you need to follow the steps below.
- First of all, login to your email account. Make sure that your internet connection is working perfectly.
- The next step is to find the “Trash” folder. It can be found at the left hand side of your screen. Beneath “Inbox”, “Sent Items” and “Drafts”, you shall find the “Trash” folder. This folder is there to store your deleted message.
- It has to be remembered that emails stay in trash folder for 30 days default time. After that, they are deleted permanently. If you have deleted an email, you have 30 days time to retrieve the message. Otherwise, it will be lost completely.
- Now, search the email that you had deleted accidentally in the trash folder. If you have deleted the message of late, it will appear at the top of the list.
- Select the message, and then check the options on the top menu bar. You shall find an option that says “restore”. Click on that button to restore the deleted email to your inbox again.
This is how you can complete the process to retrieving an accidentally deleted email. The process will work within 30 days of deleting the emails. If 30 days have exceeded, you would not be able to retrieve the message anymore.
Recovering Deleted Emails from Trash Folder
It is not possible to recover the emails that you have deleted from your trash folder. You can set the time limit for automatic deletion. In many cases, the emails stay till 7 days in trash folder. In some cases, it may stay for 30 days. You can set the day limit according to your choice and convenience. Different email services have different rules in this regard. So, you need to check the options of your email service provider carefully. Make sure that you check this option after creating your email account.
If your email is deleted from trash folder, you can ask the sender again to send the message. The message must be stored in the sent folders of the send’s email account. Hence, it would not be difficult for him to send the message again to you. Apart from this, there is no other possibility of recovering a deleted email from trash folder.