BigPond Email is getting popular with time and has managed to get thousands of active users. If you have a BigPond mail account, you can easily access it using any email platform, such as Microsoft Outlook. However, sometimes, you may face issues like not being able to send or receive BigPond emails through your Outlook account. Removing and re-adding your BigPond account in Outlook may solve this issue. So, here we have listed down the steps for this. Let’s have a look.
Steps to Remove Your BigPond from the Microsoft Outlook
- To remove it, first, you need to open your Outlook account using any browser or launch the mobile app.
- Then, go to the File and click the Account Settings option. Now click on the Account Settings option again.
- The Account Settings window will appear. Now you need to click on the Email option and choose the BigPond mail account to remove it.
- Click the Remove option to proceed further.
- As you are removing one account, Outlook may ask you to create a data file to store your data for future reference.
- For this, go to Account Settings and click on the Data Files. Tap on the Add option and then click on OK.
- Go back to the Email, choose your account and click on the Remove option.
- To confirm, you need to click on Yes.
That’s it. Outlook will now remove your BigPond email account. Moving to the next step, i.e., reading your BigPond account in Outlook, for this, you can follow these steps.
Steps To Add Your BigPond Account in Outlook
Adding your BigPond account in Microsoft Outlook is very simple, and it will take only a few minutes. Once configured, you will be able to receive and send emails from your BigPond email ID without any issues. These steps should be followed to add your account.
- Launch the Microsoft Outlook and then click on the Info menu.
- Now, go to the Account Setting option and click on New.
- Then, you need to set up the IMAP server option.
- Enter your BigPond email ID and password.
- Now Outlook will verify your account information and add the account.
What Happens When You Remove Email Accounts in Outlook?
When you remove your account, it will delete all the locally stored data. Besides, it will also remove your calendar information associated with your BigPond account. So, it is advisable to make a backup of your data before removing your account to prevent data loss.
For Any Query, Contact Customer Support Team
Configuring the IMAP server for Bigpond can be a little tricky for you, but you can make it hassle-free by getting in touch with the Bigpond customer support team. Besides, if you have any other doubts related to removing and adding your account, just give a call on the Bigpond Customer Care Number for instant solutions.