Bigpond Email is a service provided by the Telstra Telecommunications group in Australia. Customers who have given valuable feedback on Bigpond email services have expressed a desire for increased features and improved functionality in the email services
Telstra has also been quite persistent in implementing more advanced features based on feedback from its dedicated customer base
It now provides additional storage space, improved compatibility with numerous devices, and spam-related security commonly used by Australians and people from all around the globe.
However, problems with Bigpond Telstra accounts are not unusual. So, we’ll tell you some of the usual tricks you should have up your sleeve to perform better when confronted with such technical issues.
What should you do if your Telstra Bigpond account does not function in Outlook?
It can be aggravating if you wake up one morning and your Bigpond account isn’t working in Outlook. Fortunately, Telstra has developed an excellent troubleshooting tool. You can use this to resolve any issues with your Bigpond account in Outlook. However, we will always explain to you how to do it manually as well.
When using Outlook, keep in mind that your account type is IMAP, and the incoming IMAP server is IMAP-mail.outlook.com. If you discover that the IMAP account setup is not working, you must test it by using your POP account.
- Head over to the Outlook.com website.
- Log in to your BigPond account and head over to Settings.
- Select “Options” under “Managing your Accounts.”
- Now select the “Connect your devices and apps with POP” option.
Given that BigPond’s page displays a variety of settings, you may want to experiment with these settings in Outlook.
- Account type: POP
- Incoming IMAP server: pop3.live.com
- Incoming IMAP mail: port 995/993
- Outgoing SMTP server: smtp-mail.outlook.com
- Outgoing SMTP Port: 587/25/465 (with SSL Encryption or TLS depending on your app)
- Incoming uses SSL: On
- Outgoing uses SSL: On
- Authentication Outgoing Server (SMTP) authentication: pop3.live.com
Here are some troubleshooting steps that may help you regain access to your Bigpond email once we’ve looked at the Outlook error. Pay attention to the following points.
- Your username and password must be entered correctly to access your account. Enter them correctly.
- Take prompt action if you discover any suspicious actions in your account or suspect that your account has been hacked.
- Make sure the caps lock key on your keyboard is turned off when typing your password.
- Check to see if your internet is working correctly. Verify by checking other websites.
These settings should hopefully restore your Bigpond email on Outlook. If the problem persists further, getting in contact with our BigPond Phone Support team will help you solve your problems.