There is no doubt that Bigpond never fails to fulfill every requirement of today’s growing technology. With Bigpond, you can always expect to enjoy top-rated mail service as it is one of the most trusted internet service providers in Australia. However, after the year 2013, Bigpond merged with Telstra. And this is a major reason why some users of Bigpond have now started existing users have started transferring their ownership to others. If you are one of them and looking for an easy way to get it done, then here you will find your answer. But keep in mind that before you can transfer your account, you need to ensure that you are the owner of the account and have complete authority to manage it.
Types of Services You Can Transfer
It may be noted that Bigpond is now managed and operated by Telstra. And as per the policy of Telstra, one can transfer internet, mobiles, bundled services, home phone and Telstra Plus points. On the other hand, users are not allowed to transfer their business products and services to individual customers. Furthermore, Telstra doesn’t allow to transfer Telstra Mail and Bigpond Mailbox services. If you don’t want to use the services, anyone, then you need to cancel them. This can be easily done by contacting the Bigpond support team.
Your Guide to Transfer Ownership
- First of all, you need to open the My Telstra mobile app and ensure that your Upfront plan is still active.
- Then you can raise an ownership transfer request, and then the support team will guide you through the entire process.
- If you need any help, you can call them on their toll-free number to know your options.
- If you want, you can visit a registered store with the new owner to get the ownership transfer done.
- In some cases, Telstra may arrange a three-way conference call and guide both the new and existing owners.
Based on the product or service’s ownership you want to transfer; the entire process will take around 7 working days.
Certain Things to Keep in Mind
- Make sure that you have a valid service number.
- You need to submit ID proof during the process.
- For successful completion of the ownership transfer process, you need to successfully clear the identity and credit checks.
Cost of Transferring Bigpond or Telstra Account Ownership
It may be noted that users don’t have to pay anything while transferring their ownership for internet, mobile or fixed services. In some cases, Telstra may ask to pay an ETC or Early Termination Charge. To know more about this, one can always contact the customer support team.
There are certain requirements you need to fulfil in order to transfer your Bigpond account or service. And the process can be a little complicated. But to make it easier and fast, taking the help of the Bigpond Customer Support team will be an excellent option. Contact them now.
More Info: How to Recover a Bigpond Email Address?