Depending on the email client or service, the users have the choice to block emails from specific domains in their Bigpond account. The users have two procedures to block all emails sent from one domain in a bigpond account. As we know that the Bigpond is a part of Telstra, the procedure may involve using Telstra’s webmail interface or configuring the settings in the email client. Here are two procedures that will help the users to block all emails from specific domains:
Method 1: Using through Telstra (Bigpond) Webmail:
1) The users are required to sign in with their Bigpond email credentials in Telstra webmail login page.
2) In the menu or toolbar option select for “Settings” or “Mail settings” option.
3) In the “Settings” or “Mail settings option”, search for the option and select it which is related to blocking or filtering emails.
4) Go to add block domain or filter where the users have to enter the domain name that they want to block. (e.g., sample.com)
5) At last the users are required to save the changes in order to apply the block.
Method 2: Using through email client settings:
To access Bigpond emails the users are required to use email clients such as Outlook, Thunderbird, Apple Mail, etc where they can easily customize their filters or apply for rules within the client email. Here’s a guide about how to use email client settings to block all emails sent from one domain in bigpond account:
1) The users are required to open their email client application such as Outlook, Thunderbird, Apple mail, etc.
2) Go to “File” tab where the users have to select “Manage rules & alerts”
3) The users are required to create a new rule where they have to click on “New Rule” tab.
4) Select “Apply rule on messages I receive” and then click on “Next” tab.
5) The system will ask you “Which condition(s) do you want to check”, then the users have to click on “people or public group”.
6) After clicking the “people or public group” link, the users are required to add the email address or domain that they want to block.
7) At last click “Next” and follow the guidelines provided by the system to finish setting up the rule. Now, the users can block all emails sent from one domain in a bigpond account using email client settings.
Remember that the steps may vary depending upon the version of email client or service. In case if the above steps won’t work out, then simply connect to Bigpond customers care for further assistance and support.