Bigpond or commonly known as Telstra mail is a telecommunication-based company based in Australia. The company provides various communication-related services and email services. The company also includes IMAP access services to consume the services through their computer or any mobile devices. Many customers are delighted with the benefits as it is one of the biggest and renowned companies. Recently some of the users have an issue related to sending emails to other webmails. So, they have complained about it. The error is typically a Telstra error that shows that it is named as Bigpond Email error 550. Usually, this kind of error occurs when there is more than a single PC that sends an email using the same network. If this kind of error occurs, users might confuse it as if their domain might have gone to the blacklist. Whenever this kind of error occurs, the user should get professional help from the customer care center of Bigpond. If users don’t want to contact them, we are here to provide detailed guidelines to resolve the issue related to Bigpond Email error 550. The users can follow the given instructions to solve the problem as mentioned below.
Search anything in your browser, and if you get any results for your search rather than error, then there is no issue with your internet, and there is no need to contact your Internet Service Provider. A user needs to configure their IMAP and POP settings as follows.
Configuration of POP settings in your Bigpond mail.
- Log on to your Bigpond mail account and go to the settings section.
- Click on POP settings.
- Now fill-up the form with details.
- Here, the account type must be filled as POP3.
- The incoming server port must be filled as 995.
- Incoming server address must be set as pop.telstra.com
- Encrypted server port must be set as SSL
- The outgoing server port should be 467.
- Outgoing server address must be set as smtp.telstra.com
- Checkmark yes on the authentication section.
- Now enter your Bigpond email address.
- The encrypted connection must be set as SSL/TLS on port 465(this one is highly recommended)
- Finally, enter the Bigpond email with your password.
Configuration of IMAP settings in your Bigpond mail.
- Login to your Bigpond mail and go to your setting section.
- Click on IMAP settings.
- Now fill-up the form with an account as IMAP
- Set the incoming server port as 993.
- Incoming server address must be filled with imap.telstra.com
- The encrypted connection must be set as SSL.
- The outgoing server port must be set as 465 or 587.
- Outgoing server address must be filled with smtp.telstra.com
- SMTP authentication must be turned on.
- Now enter your Bigpond email address on this field.
- Set the encrypted connection as SSL/TLS on the port( This one is highly recommended)
- Finally, enter your Bigpond email address with the password.
These are the proper configuration on the POP setting and IMAP setting for a Bigpond email. By following these steps, the user can quickly resolve the issue related to BIgpong email error 550. Suppose there is any queries or problem raised. Please contact the Bigpond Technical Support Number.